Monday, September 9, 2013

The LIST goes on . . .

Well, work has gotten the better of me, so I haven't had time to take pictures of the army as it stood when we walked away from the "Betrayal" event, but I did update the project log.  I had to add a new category ... "Table Legal" to my model count because I have so many models that need revisiting.  ;-)


VII Legion Project List -- 28 August Update

One model you'll see on the list is a "MM Turret" under the heading "3D Models."  I realized about three weeks in to building the models on this list that there are a decided lack "Pintle Mount" options for any Land Raider other than the flimsy MM mount that comes with a LR Crusader ...  and there are none available for purchase from F/W.

I got this little number modeled and 3D Printed right before heading off to the event (while I was in the US for a couple of weeks), then promptly forgot to paint it until the night before we were supposed to be on the tables!  Please pardon the chipping and wear to the paint job itself... that's an artifact of not putting a seal coat on before transporting the model back to Saudi from Nottingham!

Mini Turret -- WIP

Here it is on a Land Raider to give a sense of scale.

Mini Turret -- WIP (In Context)

And, while the shot below is atrociously crappy from a photographic perspective, I think the colors are the "truest" of any pic I've take yet of the models in the army...  love the "cold light of the morning."

Mini Turret -- WIP In Context

No comments:

Post a Comment