Monday, September 2, 2013

Based, and ready for action!!!

In the run-up to the Horus Heresy Gaming Weekend, much frantic painting occurred, all of the infantry models shed their plain plastic bases for bases from Dragonforge, and very few hours of sleep were obtained by myself.  My lovely wife was a HUGE help in getting minis table ready (as she is with every "push" to hit a Con' or Event), and I will owe her big for months to come as a result.

Here are the Dragonforge bases.  I tried to keep them muted and gritty -- I think that maybe they are too muted, and I might go hit them with some additional dry-brushing as I go back and work through better shading and detailing on each unit's spot-colors.

Dragonforge Bases, ready to glue -- 21 August 2013

Below you can see most of the VII Legion separated from their plastic bases, and ready for their new resin upgrades.

VII Legion, Ready for Basing... 21 August 2013
And, lastly, here are two shots of "Team Bumblebee" (as my son decided to call them through the whole event.)  At this point, there were still several hours of mad scambling ahead to get every mini table-worthy at a three color minimum... and, at midnight the night before the event I finally got over that line!

VII Legion, nearly ready for battle -- 21 August 2013

VII Legion, nearly ready for battle -- 21 August 2013

At some point in the next week I'll get everything out of the Battlefoam shipping crate and take properly white-balanced photos of their current state... that will probably make a good place to start a better PLOG.

Last, but not least, here is a photo from the event itself!  In game three I was up against "Damien" and his BEAUTIFUL Deathguard.  Here you can see my Assault Squad hammering in to his 20 man Tactical Squad...


Shut! Them! Down!!!!

More thoughts on the event itself, how the army played, and why I like "30K" better than "40K" to come in a later post!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment