Monday, July 8, 2013

Recon in the HOOOOOUSE!!!

The Space Marines are elite -- granted.  But amongst the Elite there have to be some guys with brass balls, right?  In my opinion the F/W Recon Marines look to be those guys.  So, I couldn't help but put 10 of them together and flip them into a Storm Eagle.



I was a bit concerned that these guys would come in a dozen pieces that would be hard to fit nicely (some older F/W kits were certainly that way), however, they can as a pleasant to deal with package.  Each torso had a number (in reverse braille)with arms and other bits marked to match making it super easy to get them together.  The backpacks were also a nice single piece design.

I think they look pretty cool, now I just have to paint them in a scheme that makes them look as Bad-A painted as they do in the online catalog . . .

Legion Recon WIP

Legion Recon WIP

Legion Recon WIP

I'm planning at this point to paint them a Matte Grey, maybe something akin to the Red Scorpions.  As I'm going for a "Defense of the Palace" theme, I thought maybe they could fit nicely as part of Garro's growing group of Knights Errant... we'll see how that back-story plays out in the next few F/W rule sets.

Here's the Storm Eagle, ready for a primer coat.  Legion doors to follow.

Storm Eagle WIP

That's all for today's update.  I'm back to the work bench to try getting two Land Raiders and 30 Tactical Marines done in the next 24 hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment