Sunday, April 29, 2012

Half Way There...


WIP Imperial Fists 29 April 2012 As it stands now, 34 out of 68 chaps I have lined up to build are built and primed -- on top of a Deadknight, Coteaz, and two Rhinos for my son. Another 34 await the assembly line. Woo whoo, the half way point!!! The good news (for me) is that I have press-molded the shoulder pads for nearly all of the batch ahead... that has proven to be an annoyingly slow process. Honestly, it's probably not one I would repeat unless the painted results turn out to be stunning (which I am not convinced of...)

WIP Imperial Fists 29 April 2012 My timing couldn't have been better to get motivated to get these all done -- "SUMMER IS COMING" (he says in a not very believable Game of Thrones paraody...) In true Riyadh fashion, yesterday was our first 100 deg (Fahrenheit) day of the year, and today was 104... looks like the window to prime models without incurring brain damage from spray painting indoors will be closed here in about another two weeks... best get cranking!!!

WIP Imperial Fists 29 April 2012 A few of my favorites are the Mk II helmet with Melta, the Mk III Sergeant with the old-school Power fist, and the running, clenched fist Melta gunner.

In this last shot are my two Devastator Sergeants, a Mk V Sergeant, and another view of my running Melta dude. You can see from these two shots that I have press-molded a FIST icon onto about one in three torsos.

More soon... I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment